Today suddenly when I want to download an application from my Android tablet, I receiving this error : “Error Downloading xyzxyz. There is insufficient space on the device.”
It’s only displaying the error on downloading application with big size.
After browsing around, I found out that the cache folder (that I assume used by the market) is using small partition (around 20mb in my case).
So to solve this we need to change it to bigger partition.
- You gonna need Android Terminal Simulator or equivalent terminal app. This will also require your Android rooted.
- Type ’su’ (root permission request will be showned, you need to approve it).
- Type ‘cd /’
- Type ‘umount /cache’
- Type ‘mount -o rw,remount -t rootfs rootfs /’ (to set the folder access to rw – read write)
- Type ‘rmdir /cache’ (delete cache folder)
- I personally using root explorer to do point 5-6
- Type ‘mkdir /sdcard/cache’
- Type ‘ln -s /sdcard/cache /cache’ (to link cache folder to /sdcard/cache – which shoud have bigger partition size)
Try to rerun your Android Market and download big applications